Saturday, May 2, 2009

Paris October 2008

my first trip to Paris, 70 degrees and sunny every day. Amazing architecture everywhere, sweet people, I used my high school french quite well, merci beaucoup!
Too bad I was alone, so I only have one pic of myself there.... 

Versailles and Petite Trianon were magical, in a way I never expected....

me in the Hall of Mirrors, Versailles...

I could have spent days at Pere Lachaise cemetery. This was the most amazing (and only) Art Nouveau crypt I have ever seen. AMAZING!

someone was fond of bats and put them on the crypt doors....

yes, this is the toilet seat in my hotel room. LOVE IT!!! The top is the same...

the chair in my hotel room, I would have bought this and brought it home if I could have..

Notre Dame and the bluest, blue sky....

flying buttresses at Notre Dame...

Musee D'Orsay, the first thing I saw in Paris... beautiful, steam punk inspiration....

massive sculpture in The Musee D'Orsay. This is only the lower section of the lion. I'm super fond of lions.......

blue lit Eiffel Tower at night...




No comments:

Post a Comment